Starting the year with one of my favourite quotes by The Dalai Lama.
Some things I’m trying to remember this New Year:
- We can achieve far more in a year than we can in a month. And further still, we can achieve far more in two years than we can in just one. The point is, we don’t have to try and do everything we want to in this month: some things are meant to take more time to evolve. 🌱
- Our self-worth is not measured by our productivity. And rest is also productive, as is self-care.
- We mustn’t try and attempt to solve our entire life in one instance. Life unfolds only in moments, so it’s much better just to focus our energy on one moment at a time. And anyway, the future is not in our control and does not exist – all that exists is this moment. 🧘🏽♀️
- We often believe the most important moment is still to come, yet now is the only important moment.
- No amount of worry can or will influence the future.
- We are at our most productive when we are fully present.
- Happiness and inner-peace are only found here, in the present moment.
- And finally… We are only alive in this moment. If we live our life constantly planning for the future, we will miss out on all the moments that are taking place right now. So this moment is the best time to live. 💙